For Immediate Release
November 15, 2012
North Huron Implements Corporate Renewal Strategy
The Township of North Huron is implementing several changes as part of a Corporate Renewal Strategy designed to support the renewed focus on economic development, modernize the organization, promote professionalism and operational excellence, and enhance our corporate image.
- The Community Development Coordinator position is being renamed Economic Development Officer, with responsibility for the following:
• economic development
• stakeholder relations
• community outreach and partnerships
• corporate communications
- The Director of Human Resources/Deputy Clerk position is being renamed Director of Corporate Services, with responsibility for the following:
• human resources
• deputy clerk functions
• vital statistics
• animal control
• building department
• children’s services
• cemetery administration
• information technology
- The Fire Chief position is being renamed Director of Fire and Emergency Services, with responsibility for the following:
• fire protection and prevention
• emergency preparedness/management
• Emergency Services Training Centre (ESTC)
- A Business Planning Process has been implemented which encompasses the 2013 budget preparations and the development of departmental business plans that outline the key priorities and specifics projects for next year. These business plans will be discussed with staff and will form the basis of individual work plans designed to focus on goals and actions to ensure a consistent direction. The departmental business plans will be presented to Council.
- Website and Social Media - A new and expanded staff directory has been added to the municipality’s website (www.northhuron.ca). New information has also been added to the “Business” menu to support existing businesses and attract new businesses and economic development. BrowseAloud software has been added to make the website more accessible for persons with disabilities. Also, North Huron is on Facebook and Twitter.
“We’ll continue to make changes to ensure that our organization is better positioned to respond to challenges and opportunities and deliver on Council and community priorities,” said North Huron CAO/Clerk Gary Long.
For more information, contact:
Gary Long, CAO/Clerk
Township of North Huron