FIRE AGREEMENT FINALIZED FOR THE MUNICIPALITY OF MORRIS-TURNBERRY AND THE TOWNSHIP OF NORTH HURON
| || |
For Immediate Release
April 4th, 2013
FIRE AGREEMENT FINALIZED FOR THE
MUNICIPALITY OF MORRIS –TURNBERRY AND
THE TOWNSHIP OF NORTH HURON
“Working together builds a stronger community”
The Councils of the Municipality of Morris-Turnberry and the Township of North Huron have jointly formalized a fire suppression agreement for a period of 5 years.
The Council members recognize the importance for the two Municipalities to work together and provide a fire service, that will protect the residents and property in the area and will grow stronger with the assurance of support by both municipalities.
Terms of the agreement are:
1. The 5 year agreement is effective January 1, 2014.
2. There is an Option to renew the agreement for an additional 5 year period.
3. The area served by Howick, will be served by North Huron, at no extra charge.
4. The payment schedule concurs with the North Huron 5 year rebuild plan.
5. The agreement will generate a savings for Morris-Turnberry of: approximately $44,000 in 2015 and in excess of $65,000 per year thereafter.
6. The FDNH expenditures will be reconciled at year end of each year and any savings will be shared by the partners.
Important Fact: This agreement will benefit the entire area and is an important step towards fulfilling the goal of working together, which will benefit the economic development of the area.
Quote by Mayor Paul Gowing:
“The Council and Staff of both North Huron and Morris-Turnberry have developed a long term fire service agreement that is fair to both municipalities. This agreement will benefit our communities for many years to come.” said Morris-Turnberry Mayor Paul Gowing. 'The Council is pleased to have such a dedicated group of volunteer firefighters serving Morris-Turnberry. ‘
Quote by Reeve Neil Vincent:
“We’re very pleased to conclude a long-term agreement with Morris Turnberry and we look forward to having the Fire Department of North Huron and our firefighters continue to provide fire protection services to their residents and businesses,” said North Huron Reeve Neil Vincent. “It is an honour and privilege to provide this service to our neighbours and I know our 44 firefighters take this responsibility very seriously.”
Township of North Huron: Municipality of Morris-Turnberry:
Reeve Neil Vincent 519-357-2336 Mayor Paul Gowing 519-887-9428
CAO/Clerk Gary Long 519-357-3550 (24) Administrator Nancy Michie 519-887-6137 (21)