Wingham and District Hospital
The Wingham and District Hospital is a modern, progressive acute care facility providing medical, surgical, maternity, paediatric, chronic and rehabilitation bed and other services, including 24-hour emergency coverage. Hospital services include:
- Modern emergency department with 24-hour on-call coverage
- Rehabilitation department including kinesiology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech language pathology and social services
- Over twenty specialist clinics held on a regular basis to provide local service
- Affiliation with London Regional Cancer Centre enabling chemotherapy treatment to be provided locally
- Many community health related education programs
- Hospital based ambulance service providing paramedic services including defibrillation
- Access to Medivac system with airport. Emergency air ambulance service available.
- Web site - www.lwha.ca
Contact: Karl Ellis, C.E.O., 519-357-3210
- Eight family physician practices, a resident surgeon and two anesthetists
- Actively seeking additional family physicians through a formal health professionals recruitment committee
- For information on physician recruitment, contact:
Jan McKague Weishar @ 519-357-3711 x. 5294.
- A modern medical clinic located in Royal Oaks Health Care Centre (2017) adjacent to hospital houses family doctors, the North Huron Family Health Team, a pharmacy, Huron County Health Unit and OneCare Home & Community Support Services
North Huron Family Health Team
- Located on the second floor of the Royal Oaks Health Clinic, 271 Frances Street, Wingham.
- Nurse practicioners, nurses, dieticians, counsellors and pharmacists
- Web site - www.nhfht.ca
Other Health Services
- Full service Dental, Optometry, Physiotherapy, and Chiropractic clinics are located in the municipality.