The Township of North Huron is committed to continuous organizational improvement where all feedback is dealt with fairly in a respectful, transparent fashion as quickly as possible.
A request for service can be made to the Township on behalf of a citizen for a specific service, or to notify the Township of North Huron of a problem. Examples include:
- Reporting a pothole
- Missed garbage/recycling collection
- Reporting a damaged boulevard tree
- Alerting the Township of no water service
You may submit your complaint via the Service Request Form. The form can be printed and delivered to the Township by mail or in person.
- Enquiry: A general or specific request for information regarding a Township program or service made by a citizen that is resolved at the point of service delivery. For answers to your questions regarding the Township programs or services, please explore this website or contact the appropriate Department via the Contacts page here.
- Opinions and Comments: Letting the Township know how a program, service or other Township matter is meeting the expectations of the user. To provide this type of feedback, please contact the appropriate Department via the Contacts page here.
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to the Township program, service, facility, or staff member, where a citizen believes that the Township of North Huron has not provided a service experience to the customer's satisfaction at the point of service delivery and a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected.
Submitting a Complaint
In order to submit a formal complaint to the Township of North Huron, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Details of what happened
- Where did this happen?
- Is it within the Township of North Huron's responsibility?
- When was the occurrence?
- Who was involved?
- What was said or done at the time of occurrence?
- What kind of resolution is being sought?
- Contact details of the complainant.
All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act. More information on the Act is available on our website.
You may submit your complaint via the Complaint Form. The form can be printed and delivered to the Township by mail or in person.
Complaints regarding Wingham Police Service should be referred to the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD). Details can be found by accessing www.oiprd.on.ca